Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I always have a lot of trouble coming up with topics for this blog, since blogging isn't something I do very often. A friend of mine suggested talking about how important drawing is to my everyday life. She mentioned that if she were no longer able to draw, she would feel completely handicapped, and I have to say that I would feel exactly the same way. If I have a piece of paper in front of me, or really anything that can be marked on, and a writing utensil, more often than not I am going to draw on it. My dad's old desk top calendar's are proof of this and my notes are also filled with doodles in the margins. I think I would go crazy if I could no longer draw and get my ideas down on paper. In addition to actually creating art, I probably spend just as much time if not more looking at other people's art. Much of my free time is spent browsing the art community site DeviantArt. I have been a part of an online art community so long that I can't really imagine life with out it. I feel like my access to art would be so limited, especially art that fits into my range of interest. The internet has become a great way for artists to expose their work to the public (though it makes art theft and plagiarism a big problem as well). Anyway, I feel like I'm rambling. I hope this post isn't too incoherent. I would love to hear other people's opnions on drawing on a day to day basis and their thoughts on online art communities.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like a good blog post to me. If I couldn't do art, I'd be really sad...it's so ingrained in me that I wouldn't know what else to do with myself. I also have deviant art and it is definitely addictive. I think online art communities are a great way to get recognized.

    ReplyDelete