Thursday, March 5, 2009

sewing- Theresa

















One of my favorite hobbies happens to be sewing. My mother taught my sister and I when we were little, and it's always been an inspiration in my art. I love to notice the meticulous beauty in the art of sewing, and how the different sewing implements can be very beautiful things when the light hits them right. Since I've taken up painting, I've noticed a connection between the way my colors seem to "weave" themselves together in a similar way that the threads interlock when I sew. When it comes to art, I believe the best subjects are the ones closest to our hearts, which is why the needle and thread become my subjects time and time again.



2 comments:

  1. I want to learn how to sew! Teach me? I don't know if I have enough patience though, but I've always wanted to make a quilt!

    I really like your pictures; especially the sewing machine one - it's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to learn how to sew too! You are so lucky to have this school--becoming more and more rare a skill I think which is sad.

    I do love your photo posts quite a lot--do take more pics and share them whenever--I feel like I benefit from your looking/translation of what you're seeing.

    ReplyDelete