Friday, March 20, 2009

"better late than never"

Amanda Worley
Well, here's a "better late than never" post. My week to post was right before Spring Break week- right smack dab in the middle of test-essay-reading-quiz-midterm assignment week! So, now I post. For my post I decided to focus on sketching, or rather our sketchbooks which are a part of our final grade. I jumped blog to blog finding neat sites to come back to later, and others sites which solely talked about their cat. The one that I kept coming back to for some strange reason was the wish jar.

The first neat thing I found on the wish jar was from a pdf called 100 ideas. Some of the ideas are meant to inspire you, others are to get you thinking and charging up your brain-light bulb. Since I do not know how to post a pdf to this blog, I have printed out some copies to distribute during Thursdays (3/19) class. It looks like the document/pic above.
The second cool thing I found while browsing artsy blogs was a kit called the artists survival kit:
"The Artist's Survival Kit: For the really bad days, for the days when you want to quit, when you feel like everything you do is *&%^$# (I'd rather not say the even common dirty words), when you feel like your self esteem plummet, when you decide that you would rather wait tables for a living, when you start to think you will never make a living making art, when you are working on something and feel like you hate it more than you ever hated anything in your life, when someone makes an off-hand remark about your work and afterwards you feel dejected, when you wish you had gone to school for accounting, when you start to believe that maybe your family was right, when you want to lie in bed for a month and eat chips."

How cool! For those days this is the kit. While it does have some foul language that many of you use in every sentence you say I'd rather not hand it out in class.
So, if you would like to print yourself a copy like I did you can go to:
http://www.kerismith.com/ask.html

No comments:

Post a Comment